CIE is proud to promote and recognize all student projects at the Claremont Colleges. CIE wishes to support any student project through student, mentor, and faculty feedback. Moreover, CIE wants to highlight your achievements through a brief description on our site. We want to hear about all the wonderful projects at the Claremont Colleges! So, please contact us!
While CIE develops many “homegrown” resources, there are also external resources with knowledge to provide. The following list has some of our favorite resources across all categories for your venture’s needs. Whether you need to learn how to code, market your business effectively through social media, or write founders agreements, this database will provide some useful knowledge by experienced entrepreneurs. CIE constantly updates this page to add resources as we discover them. If you have suggestions of your favorite online resources, let us know!
Links to helpful resources outside of CIE.
Startup Job websites
- Startup Hire
- Angel List
- Venture Loop
- We are NY Tech
- We Work Remotely
- Mashable Tech jobs
- Stack Overflow Tech jobs
- Dribbble Design jobs
- Built in LA
- Cooley GO | Guidance from formation to market leadership
- Startup Crash Course Handout
- MOO Startup Toolkit | Educational tips on starting and maintaining a business
- MOO Startup Flowchart | Interactive flowchart to put your business idea to the test
- Lean Canvas | THE most valuable tool for mapping out business ideas
- Udacity | “How To Build A Startup” online course by Steve Blank
- Biz Tool Kit | business idea and planning resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Business Plans | Nuts and Bolts to writing a business plan
- Entrepreneurial Insights | How to write a business plan
- Discover Business | How to write a business plan
- How to Start a Startup | Videos about starting a startup
- Business Startup Kit
- Clerky | Tool For Incorporation, Seed Financing, Converitble Notes, and More
- Fora Financial | Blog and Company Providing Capital Solutions
- Startup Legal Help | list of legal tools for startups
- Formswift | free legal documents and entrepreneurial advice
- Legal123 | SF business permits & licenses (though useful for any startup)
- National Venture Capital Association | Model legal documents for venture capital investments
- Codecademy | free online coding class
- CodeHS | coding classes with access to online teachers
- W3 Schools | online tutorials on website development
- Computer Science For Women | extensive list of tools to help women pursue computer science
- ComputerScienceOnline.org – Rails | Ruby on Rails Guide
- Python for Data Science | UC Berkeley’s School of Information
- Inc.com | market research tips
- Entrepreneur.com | free market research tools
- SurveyMonkey | survey maker for customer feedback
- Surveyanyplace | Interactive Mobile and Offline Surveys*
*Free Professional Plan for students by shooting them an email. Please see link for more info.
- Gigaom | 6 useful tools
- App Design Vault | knowledge and resources for designers
- 99 Designs | Logo and web design
Resources from other Entrepreneurship Programs
Blogs on Entrepreneurship
- Metapress | Articles for beginner entrepreneurs
- Both Sides of the Table | Mark Suster
- WeWork Magazine | Publication featuring stories of entrepreneurs
- Small Business Administration | Blog on Mentoring
- Entrepreneurial Insights | Blog on Entrepreneurship
- VC-List.com | Blog on Do’s and Don’ts of Startup Funding
Startup & Tech News
- Tech Crunch | popular source for tech-related news
Scholarships and Grants
- Fundera College Scholarship
- Fundera Zach Grant
- LendingTree $50,000 Small Business Grant Contest
- FbStart Bootstrap | Technical Resources for New Startups (Must Apply)
- Kauffman FastTrac | Free Online Course that offers resources to bring an idea to life
- FirstSiteGuide | Educational website directed at website beginners with information on how to build and grow your online presence.
- Kauffman Foundation | Foundation focused on education and entrepreneurship
- Consumer Affairs | A compilation of various agencies and organizations that help consumers avoid trouble or resolve problems.
- Krash | A network of shared-living spaces called Krashpads.
- Docstoc | Business Courses
- WebsiteBuilders | A Review on Paid Website Services
- Kabbage | Online provider of small business loans
- Lynda.com | Online library of instructional videos (requires Claremont Colleges login)
- Harvard Business Review
- MIT Innovations | Entrepreneurship publication
- UAB Entrepreneurs and Social Media | UAB Collat School of Business Advice
- Inc.com article | The Most Inspirational 2-Minute Video You Will Watch Today
- Coding or Design Training | General Assembly – Expert-led training
Twazer is an innovative P2P mobile social commerce mobile application. It provides its users with a safe, efficient, and fun way to buy and sell items in their community.
Cartpool is a student-to-student startup located in the heart of Claremont. Our mission is to put the community into delivery and provide a quality service people can trust. We provide deliveries straight to your dorm in under an hour from 6pm – midnight daily.
By using 100% organic cotton, printing T-shirts in Medford, Oregon, and giving 2% of profits to organizations that support organic farming, ORganic Garb strives to conduct business in a way that is environmentally conscious, helps to bolster the Organic Movement, and puts money into the local economy.
DBM prints is a Claremont-based company that specializes in custom screen-printing. We provide various apparel including t-shirts, tank tops, sweatshirts, sweatpants, and much more to clubs and organizations on campus. Furthermore, we design, print, and sell our own personal designs to students across multiple campuses.
Founded in 2012, Serengetee is a social clothing venture that incorporates global fabric into clothing products, hence our slogan ‘Wear the World’.
Each Serengetee fabric is partnered with a corresponding cause, giving Serengetee the chance to make a difference in the communities that inspire our designs. In only one year, the Serengetee brand has grown rapidly, gaining recognition among young consumers nationwide.