Current Job Opportunities:
Date posted: June 24, 2016
StartEngine, the leading equity crowdfunding platform, is currently recruiting for Fall interns, a Director of Customer Success (full time), and a Director of Event Marketing (full time).
To obtain more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.lever.co/startengine.
StartEngine is the leading equity crowdfunding platform, connecting investors with tomorrow’s progressive companies. Based in Santa Monica, the company was created in 2013 by Howard Makrs, co-founder of Activision, and Ron Miller. StartEngine aims to revolutionize the startup financing model by helping both accredited and non-accredited investors invest in private companies on a public platform for the first time in history, thereby helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams. Our mission is to empower 5,000 companies to raise capital and create 1 million jobs in the next 5 years.
Date posted: February 5, 2016
SPRING SEMESTER INTERNSHIP – WANT TO WORK IN FASHION? Deadline Monday Feb. 8
Apply to the 3rd annual Spring Semester Fashion Marketing Internship from Laurent Belle, a rapidly growing fashion company from the 5c’s.
Application deadline: Monday February 8 at 8:00pm
Resume Cover Letter
Short Form Application (available here)
If you have any questions about the internship or the application process, please contact email@example.com
Good Luck, Fashionistas!
Date posted: September 11, 2015
Venture Capital Internship
October 12 -‐ December 4, 2015
We invest in exceptional, early-‐ and mid-‐stage private companies. We are generalist investors, and have worked with category-‐leading companies in everything from e-‐commerce to mobile gaming to athletic events. Our partners have founded, lead and held senior roles in major financial firms like Goldman Sachs and InterWest Partners and public companies like Starbucks and Under Armour.
We look for persuasive theses about long-‐term change, be it technological, demographic, or cultural, and compelling companies and addictive products that embody those theses. We invest anywhere from $1M to
$30M+ in each opportunity.
We are looking for interns to work part-‐time during the school year working directly with investors sourcing deals and helping to evaluate potential investments. Successful interns will be offered the possibility of continuing on and working full-‐time for the summer in our LA office. Experience in finance or banking is unnecessary. We are looking for persistence, curiosity and creativity; interns who will find investment targets and pursue them aggressively.
The Fall 2015 internship is 8 weeks, part-‐time, paid and can be done anywhere. You will report directly to an Anthos investor through email and phone calls. You will be given assignments to direct you, but this is an otherwise self-‐driven internship. We recruit our summer intern candidates and full-‐time investment team hires from the top performers during the school year.
We believe this will be an invaluable learning experience for both future investment professionals and future entrepreneurs alike. Anthos’s investment team will help you analyze the opportunities you generate, work through hundreds of companies to help you understand what differentiates a good company from an extraordinary one, and hone your ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analyses of start-‐ups.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 15, 2015. In place of a cover letter, please include a short (<300 words) answer to the following prompt:
Please identify a trend in consumer or business behavior. Explain the trend and choose two under-‐the-‐radar, early-‐stage companies that embody that trend and whose products or services excite you.
An example would be observing that consumers want to eat healthy, high-‐quality, thoughtful food but also increasingly neither know how to cook nor have time to go to restaurants -‐ Munchery and Blue Apron are two companies that embody this trend (though in 2015 neither is under the radar).
Please select companies that are less than 10 years old, have raised less than $5M of capital (as far as you can tell through internet research), and have not been the recent recipient of heavy mainstream press (i.e. on the front page of Forbes or TechCrunch).
All applicants will be contacted on or before September 30, 2015. Questions? Email the address above.
Date posted: October 9, 2014
Rukkus is a rapidly growing startup focused on the sports and music industries. Our cutting-edge technology helps fans get the best deals on concert and sports tickets. We’re involved with everything from Rangers playoff hockey to locally based music festivals and everything in between.
This job offers the chance to join the exciting environment of a tech start-up in New York City.
This position will dedicate their time to increasing brand awareness and building a buzz around our growing company. You will be an ambassador of the active “Rukkus lifestyle,” and a true live entertainment junkie with a grasp on the NYC scene.
Your responsibilities will include organizing and conceiving grassroots marketing campaigns, brainstorming and executing promotional ideas, building relationships with publications and getting people talking about us, and helping to expand our blog and social media following.
If you’d like to be part of an innovative, results-focused company that operates in a fun space then we’d love to hear from you!
- 6 months – 2 years experience in the marketing field.
- Strong research skills.
- Polished writing and editing skills.
- A genuine passion for creative marketing and technology.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year bachelor’s degree program, preferably majoring in Marketing or Communication.
- A strong grasp of the aforementioned skills outweigh the educational requirements.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Hours: 20/week (position is ongoing)
- Pay: $200/week
- Location: Remote or in office (222 Broadway, NY NY)
HOW TO APPLY
Date posted: September 29, 2014
Marketing & Operations Internship
Girls Raising is looking for a motivated and talented intern to manage content creation, social media feeds and marketing outreach. This position would allow you to learn about the startup industry and give you exposure to high profile men and women who support our objectives. It will be heavily content and operations based, but will allow you to explore many different facets of working at a growing startup network and venture fund. You must have a passion for women’s advancement in technology, business and entrepreneurship and be excited about expanding the organization’s reach. This is a role where you will actively contribute to the launch and success of the company. Together, we can go as far as you can help take us and the opportunity has the potential to turn into a paid position as we are growing quickly.
Girls Raising is a resource community that is focused on helping female founders Start, Build, Launch & Grow. We started in New York City and host a series of Presentation events in Toronto, Vancouver, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Our Presentations feature up-‐and-‐coming female entrepreneurs, Angel investors and VC’s as well as successful founders who have raised large rounds of financing. For more information please visit www.girlsraising.com. Next steps for the Girls Raising team will be the launch of a seed stage venture fund called Vinetta Ventures, geared to invest in gender-‐balanced startup teams. As we are a startup, your internship may cross over to Vinetta Ventures and include a wider scope than is listed below. Consider it an incredible learning experience, an ability to be at the crux of a fast-‐growing startup network and venture fund.
Responsibilities may include:
- Email newsletter posts in Mailchimp and social media/marketing outreach to our LA community
- Event management including attendee coordination, setup and general event logistics
- Research and generate posts for our blog and as a guest writer for other relevant blogs where wecan get the word out about Girls Raising and our initiatives
- Contribute to social media feeds including Facebook & Twitter accounts.
- Research and compile list of relevant candidates for our growing venture (Girls Raising and Vinetta Venture). This includes optimal advisors, partners, sponsors, chapter leads, and more.
- Track relationships with our sponsors, generate leads.
- Use Salesforce platform to track and input contacts, partners, etc.
- Financial Planning
- Excellent writing skills required
- Excel capabilities
- Ability to use mailchimp as a newsletter and marketing platform or willingness to learn quickly.
- Data oriented marketer who likes to analyze and improve hit rates and results.
- An understanding of social media and blogging
- Organized, enthusiastic, analytical and proactive
Benefits to you
- Measurable results-‐oriented campaigns and projects that can be highlighted and utilized for future employers
- Network with industry experts and high value individuals in the investment & startup community across North America
- Experience in a fast paced growth industry. Learn what it’s like to be part of the startup culture!
- Opportunity for ongoing job or internship with our fast growing initiative
Length: 3 Months October-‐December 2014 (potential to work together in 2015) Position: Part time & Flexible, 10-‐15 hours per week
Pay: TBD. Most likely will begin unpaid but turn into a paid position as soon as conditions allow. Location: Santa Monica and Remote (A large amount of this may be done remotely, with occasional meetings in the LA area).
** If interested please email email@example.com **
Date posted: September 16, 2014
Business Administration Internship Job Description (Unpaid)
An emerging fashion designer start-up company is currently seeking a student as a Business Administration Assistant to join us on a part-time (5-10 hours a week) basis. Intern can work remotely.
Job Description: Provide administrative support to office operations, including the following tasks:
- Assist in business plan creation for a start-up company in the fashion industry
- Attend meetings with management or staff as needed and draft meeting notes
- Coordinate, create, and update project communications including compiling financial information
- Coursework in Economics or Econ-Accounting preferred; all majors welcome
- Ability to work independently; interest in learning how to fundraise for astart-up company
- Candidate should possess an interest in the fashion industry
Students will learn about key business operations and the fashion industry. They will gain an understanding of key operational functions and mission-critical goals.
The student will gain experience with the process of creating and growing entrepreneurial company, including hands-on experience in building financial projections and for-profit fundraising.
Depending on interest andability, some students may be provided an opportunity to develop independent research projects that relate to the growth of the business.
If interested, please submit in one e-mail a cover letter, resume and references to :Tatiana Shabelnik Tatiana@tatianashabelnik.com
Date posted: September 3, 2014
National Planning Holdings® (NPH) is the holding company for four independent broker-dealers that serve independent financial advisers nationwide and are corporate affiliates of Jackson National Life Insurance Company® (“Jackson®“). The broker-dealers have earned a solid reputation for hardworking people, innovative technology and a commitment to providing representatives with the essential tools and products they need to service their clients effectively. NPH continues to invest in cutting-edge technology initiatives designed to empower affiliated advisors by streamlining workflow processes, creating new business efficiencies and enhancing profitability.
NPH is looking for an Innovation Intern. The intern will work on concepts and ideas and develop them into testable propositions to determine feasibility to roll out. It is an intra-preneur role focused on innovation outside of the financial services industry. This position is a paid position and pay is competitive.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct and synthesize desktop research on new ideas and platform areas
- Work on idea generation and develop those ideas into testable concepts
- Financial analysis and business plan writing to turn strong ideas into business proposals.
- Work with consumers to understand their needs and test concepts.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Operates with unquestionable integrity and confidentiality
- Quickly adapts to change
- Takes the initiative to do what needs to be done without being asked; is proactive
- Lover of entrepreneurship and consumer needs
Education and Experience Required
- Open to a minimum of Juniors
- Must have a 3.0 GPA for consideration
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. upon graduation
- The ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This position reports to the Head of Innovation.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Danielle Vandermade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Date posted: April 21, 2014
Have you ever watched Million Dollar Listing, MTV Cribs, or The Real World and wished YOU had access to walk through some of those ridiculous spreads? Are you captivated by dazzling residential real estate? If so, why don’t you spend the summer finding these type of ‘Pads on our dime in some of the hottest cities in the United States?
Krash is looking for the ultimate hustlers in key cities to work with our corporate real estate team to identify and launch amazing properties called Krashpads: shared living spaces where members immerse themselves in the culture of innovation for connections, mentorship and fun.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re the guy or gal with some SERIOUS local knowledge. When friends ask, “Where should we go tonight?” you’ve texted back with five destinations before anyone else comes up with one. You know what the hotspots are before the first hipster or starving artist shows up. And you can hustle. You seamlessly avoid traffic through back roads and know-how. You text without looking at your phone. Your internet research skillz are much like a Facebook growth hacker. You consider yourself a modern age superhero. We like superheros.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING – Tour and vett awesome new Krashpad properties
- Liase with real estate brokers, developers and property owners to find great properties before they hit the market
- Canvass neighborhood by neighborhood and street by street to uncover opportunities to buy or lease residential and mixed use properties
- Online and in-person research to understand property availability, government real estate initiatives and incentives, zoning code, property use, property licensing, construction bids, local utility providers
- Produce weekly report of your activity and learnings
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Absolute hunger to win and succeed
- Organization. Must be able to present findings in a clear and organized manner.
- You’re quick and adept using Microsoft excel, Google docs, Powerpoint, email, all things digital (you get the gist)
- No fear! Can and will approach anyone at any time
- You know how to asking digging questions
- Sophisticated discretion
- Know when to talk and when to hold back.
- Real estate knowledge is a huge plus
- Have appropriate transportation to get to properties or a fool-proof plan for how you can navigate the city without one
- Flexible schedule. Give us 20-25 hours a week for necessary deliverables and the rest of the time is yours
- Hourly pay
- Work with an incredibly fast paced start-up with experienced founders and star-power investors
- Bonus cash available for each property we close on.
- City bike-share program membership
HOW TO GET THE GIG
Send your information to email@example.com demonstrating specific city intelligence on one of the following markets: Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA; Toronto, Canada. In lieu of a cover letter, answer one of the following questions. 1. Tell us why you think your city is a great place for a Krashpad. Detail the highlights of this city’s innovation economy.
OR 2. Describe the top 3 neighborhoods where you would locate a Krashpad in one of the four cities listed above. Tell us why these neighborhoods stand out as ideal locations.
More info at https://krash.io/
Beginning in 2014 the first of approximately 1200 new top level internet domains will be coming to market, which will fundamentally change how information is organized on the internet. Instead of internet world we know today, which is dominated by generic domains such as “.com”, “.biz”, and “.co”, there will soon be a wave of branded and generic top level domains focused on specific brands, industries, verticals, and categories of goods and services.
.Luxury, a new top level internet domain focused exclusively on the luxury industry, is seeking up to three student interns to assist in developing and executing the launch strategy for this new online platform. As is the case for most start up businesses, the nature of various project work will vary considerably and relate to research, modeling, marketing, strategy, communications and technology platforms. This internship opportunity offers student interns an opportunity to work on a project and in a space that is new and evolving quickly.
The internship will begin approximately November 1 and last for a period of up to 6 months. Hours will vary but be a minimum of 10 and up to 20 hours per week. Periodic face-to-face meetings will be required in the LA area, but most of the work can be flexibly scheduled and independently performed. We seek energetic, mature and creative students interested in working collaboratively with a small team of passionate and dedicated professionals focused on doing something entirely new in the online space.
Please find more information on .luxury at www.dotluxury.com.Potential Internship Activities and Responsibilities: • Conduct internet-based research and compile and present results. • Conduct strategy and brainstorming sessions around the name space, and compile and present results. • Assist with building various databases relevant to the luxury industry. • Build financial and analytical models relating to launch scenarios. • Do brand and web-site positioning research. • Research, explore and report on the on-line presence of major luxury brands and how they are using the digital space to promote their interests. • Participate in helping to draft, review or refine marketing and messaging materials. • Promote the .luxury brand via social media, and monitoring how various brands are operating in the digital space. • Work with project managers to help define project scope, objectives, and deliverables that support business goals. • Note: Work is frequently of a confidential nature requiring an appropriate level of discretion at all times. Education and/or Experience: • Currently studying for an undergraduate or graduate degree. • Some project, research and business experience preferred. Computer Skills: • Working or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) • Strong familiarity and comfort with internet based searching tools • Working knowledge and experience with various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) Other Skills & Abilities: • Strong communication, analytics and organization skills • Demonstrated ability to work independently, efficiently and with minimal supervision • Strong detail orientation and the provide concise, accurate work product within deadlines • Strong teamwork and project-coordination skills • Ability to learn new technologies and/or systems quickly • High energy and passion for learning and driving forward something truly new • **For at least one intern candidate, the ability to read and write Chinese and fluently speak Mandarin
Jon Kirchner (class of ‘89)