2018 Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applications are due Friday, March 2nd at 12:00 Noon
The Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Internship Program supports CMC students interested in working at start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures. Exposure to real-world startups and small businesses is a valuable experience for students. It expands students’ view of entrepreneurship from an abstract concept to a real-world experience, and for many it triggers their entrepreneurial spirit. This program hopes to help meet the demand of students who are excited, engaged and curious to know more about the startup community and thinking about pursuing a career in the startup space. It gives students the opportunity to develop their entrepreneurial skills by accelerating the advancement of the host company.
This program is not designed for students initiating their own ventures.
- Applicants must be a current CMC student who will be enrolled at CMC (in Claremont or an approved Off-Campus Study program) fall semester 2018 (i.e., not graduating in May or taking a leave/withdrawing next semester).
- Applicants must have a minimum, cumulative GPA of 8.5 and be in good standing with the College as verified by the Dean of Students Office. Students whose GPA falls below this threshold should contact Evan Wollen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an exception.
- Internships should be with for-profit early stage company, in any field, and located anywhere in the United States.
- Study abroad programs and programs that charge tuition are ineligible.
- Internships must be for at least 8 weeks and 200 hours.
- Recipients who fail to complete the internship (8 weeks and 200 hours) may be required to return all or part of their award.
The interview/selection committee will evaluate the following, among other considerations, before making final selections:
- Quality of internship/internship responsibilities
- Rationale for pursuing the internship
- Amount of exposure to the entrepreneurial dynamics of the organization
- Presentation and interview
- Financial need
The materials below must be submitted through the Sponsored Internship portal on FluidReview.com, an application and selection website (https://claremontinternship.fluidreview.com/). After creating an account, applicants will complete all required forms on and upload all required documents to FluidReview. Materials should not be submitted in hardcopy or via email. The application portal will open January 5, 2018.
Note: Applications will not be reviewed until all of the above materials have been submitted to FluidReview.com.