Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Summer 2017 Internship Program
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applications are due Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 12:00 noon
The Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is pleased to announce an internship program to support CMC students interested in working at start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures. Exposure to real-world startups and small businesses is a valuable experience for students. It expands students’ view of entrepreneurship from an abstract concept to a real-world experience, and for many it triggers their entrepreneurial spirit. This program hopes to help meet the demand of students who are excited, engaged and curious to know more about the startup community and thinking about pursuing a career in the startup space. It gives students the opportunity to develop their entrepreneurial skills by accelerating the advancement of the host company.
This program is competitive and will award a select number of CMC students up to $3,000 to help subsidize their living and moving expenses over the summer while engaged in full-time employment at a start up.* Students of all majors are encouraged to apply.
* This program is not designed for students initiating their own ventures.
- CMC freshman, sophomores, and juniors are eligible to apply
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 8.5 and be in good standing with the College as verified by the Dean of Students Office.
- Internships must be for at least eight-weeks and 200 hours.
- Internships should be with a for-profit early stage company, in any field, and located anywhere in the United States.
- Internships should provide the CMC student significant opportunity to contribute to the success of the host company while developing her/his entrepreneurial skill set.
- Recipients who fail to complete the internship and required coursework may be required to return all or part of their award.
Qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- An outstanding record of achievement in and out of the classroom
- Outstanding team spirit with excellent communication and writing skills
- Passionate, eager to learn new things and to solve difficult problems
The Selection Committee will evaluate the following, among other considerations, before making final selections:
- Quality of the internship/internship responsibilities
- Rationale for pursuing the internship
- Amount of exposure to the entrepreneurial dynamics of the organization
Please complete the Summer 2017 Sponsored Internship Application. Applications are due by 12:00 pm on March 29, 2017.